Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Our Guestroom is Ready...

For its first guests, that is! We have two friends from college coming over for dinner and a movie night Saturday, and they are staying over. Whoo! We are having cider cheese fondue, Shepard's pie and biscuits, and apple pie for dessert, in case you were wondering...

That was a kick in the pants to get this room up to snuff though! The only thing we had left to make it acceptable to have people stay over was to get some curtains/blinds. We chose a lacy valance with scalloped edges and a scrolly antiqued brass curtain rod from Bed Bath and Beyond, and the plastic faux-wood blinds from Target. I like them SO much better than the vinyl ones, we have them in our bedroom and I love them.

The only thing that is bothering me about them is that they are a slightly more ivory-white than the curtains. I want to spray-paint them a bright white to match, but H thinks I'm crazy. At any rate, it's not going to happen by Saturday, so they'll just have to deal with it :P


Pictures of the room from the entrance, a closeup of the lovely throw pillows I got for the bed, and a closeup of the curtain rod, lace valance, and offending blinds.

All in all, it's looking good. I jst can't wait to refinish the dresser in there, and get some more decorative items.

No comments:

Post a Comment