Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Master Bedroom Progress

This was the master BR before we painted. It was two different shades of sky blue, and we just weren't feeling it. I am embarrassed by the mess, ugh. It's not usually like that!!



After the painting and our new furniture:


We chose a nice sandy brown for the walls and contemporary furniture in a dark espresso. We just need new bedding and lamps now.

We're going for modern luxury. Like the feel of a luxurious urban hotel, but still cozy and home-y. I have in my mind exactly what I want for bedding, but it is SO hard to find. I want a bold, graphic print that still has delicate details- not juvenile or blobby and not too busy, and intense colors (preferably a warm palate). I found quite a bit that I like on bedding.com by Inhabit Living but they are quite $$$ and not quite the right palate. They are gorgeous though...




And I can't say that their accent pillows are that bad either...

all images from bedding.com

No comments:

Post a Comment