Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation Art

I love the print we bought on our honeymoon, which now hangs above our sofa. Besides the fact that it's bright and cheery and I love the color and style, it reminds me of our honeymoon every day. So much so that I asked H what he thought about picking up a piece of artwork on each vacation we go on as a souvenir. I like the idea because they'll be things that we see every day, to remind us of the memories of each trip we go on together. And what did I know (surprise, surprise), him being the amazing husband that he is, agreed!

So on our recent trip to California, we picked up a few pieces. The first is from Studio 6 in the Mission Village in Balboa Park, San Diego. It's called "Date Night" (how fitting!) and it's by Michelle Gonzalez. We bought a mat and frame for it and put it above our wine and beverage cart (maybe someday wine fridge... ) in the dining room. It looks perfect there! I love the color; the yellows and blues tie it in with the colors in the open living room (basically one big room), while it's a bit warmer, which I think works in the dining room.


The other pieces we got were from Studio Gallery in San Francisco. We bought a (self-created) series of three lithographs by Linda Pederson. They are cute, clean, fun little images of asparagus, beets, and a pineapple. The colors in the three pieces work perfectly together, you never would have known that they weren't created for each other. I was thinking these would go perfectly in the kitchen (they're food after all!), but I don't think they'd work on the blue wall, so I'd have to find space on the white wall- which is limited. They are currently in a vertical row to the left of our cabinets, but I'm thinking they look a bit cramped there and I may look for another spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment