Friday, July 30, 2010

Peach and Prosciutto Salad

Sometimes I have recipes bookmarked for a long time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to try them. And sometimes, you could say I just happen to stumble upon them. This would be one such such recipe.

I am signed up for a number of different recipe mailing lists that email you a different recipe each day. One of them is Cooking Light, who sent me an email of "13 No Cook Meals" the other day. Being as hot as it's been lately, I was all for some "no cook" ideas. I opened it and the first thing I saw was a peach and prosciutto salad. We still had peaches from the cobbler, and prosciutto from the gratins lying around, so I took it as a sign that this needed to be made immediately.



Peach and Prosciutto Salad

4 cups mixed spring greens
2 large, ripe peaches
3 slices prosciutto, torn into strips
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/4 sunflower seeds (shells removed)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Fresh ground black pepper

Wash spring greens and divide onto 2 large plates. Pit and slice peaches, leaving skin intact for texture. Arrange over spring greens. Top with strips of prosciutto. Sprinkle with feta cheese, sunflower seeds, and black pepper to taste. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and serve immediately.

Adapted from Cooking Light, original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment