As promised, (thrilling, I know) I'm checking in to report the results of my "Five Days to a Fresh Start" challenge. I took a bit more than 5 days, and I didn't get everything done, but I put a large dent in it and I'm really proud of my progress. It feels really good to have everything a little neater and more organized. Let's hope we can keep things this way for a while!
• my closet- done
• office- mostly done
• night stands/dressers- done
• linen closet- done
(what, that wasn't on the list before?!? Well I added it to the list, and it's done!)
• clothes from closet- mostly done
(not donated yet, but they're in piles and ready to go)
• old office desk- done
(we listed it on craigslist- for free- weeks ago, and each interested seller fell through. Finally someone picked it up!)
• stuff from office- mostly done
(we had a lot of working, but old electronics that we are able to donate, and the non-working ones we recycled. I still have to go through the books and CDs to see what we can donate.)
• old dishes/glasses- mostly done
(In piles, ready to go. I just have to check to see if my brother wants any for his apartment before they go to goodwill.)
• my closet- done
(feels so good to be able to walk through it. It used to be a total waste of a perfectly good walk-in closet)
• kitchen cabinets- mostly done
• As organized as I am, H is usually the one who takes care of filing bills, tax info, medical stuff, etc. I have a tendency to "clean" too often and throw away things we need, so important papers are safer in his hands. I'll see if I can interest him in filing away some mail, pay stubs, and papers. However, this is something I try to do on a daily basis so I'm not sure how it will turn out...- done!!!
(I am so thrilled, he cleaned out the filing cabinet! He got rid of so much that we didn't need, it feels 50 lbs lighter. I love him so much!)
• holiday decorations- done
(I was able to sort out everything from the old "wedding" bin and store our Christmas decorations there.
This constantly needs to be done throughout the whole house, but I guess that's a bit ambitious... but what really needs a good, thorough scrubbing is:
• the upstairs bathroom- done
• laundry area- done
• downstairs bathroom- not so much... maybe this week
I promise my next post will be a little more interesting!