Friday, February 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Pancakes

I didn't mean for this to turn into a cooking blog, I really didn't. I started it as a blog mostly for decorating and little home improvements, but unfortunately that is an expensive and time-consuming habit. I really can't do DIY projects or buy new things or redecorate rooms often enough to have a regularly updated blog about it. But cooking, now that's something I need to do (almost) every day. So why not make it fun and interesting?

On that note... here comes a snowy morning breakfast recipe review: peanut butter pancakes. I was immediately intrigued when I saw this recipe. I've had all sorts of pancakes, but never peanut butter. And H and I love peanut butter!

I served them with banana slices dipped in brown sugar/melted butter and sautéed (is that the right word?) on a non stick pan until they were soft and browned on the outside. Then maple syrup and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. They were truly awesome. Here is the recipe.


A word of caution though- they definitely stick to the pan more than regular pancakes. The first batch broke apart while flipping, even on my non-stick griddle that I've never had any issues with before. The next batch I buttered the griddle and they worked better. Still delicious though!

No comments:

Post a Comment