Sunday, September 12, 2010

Welcome Fall!

I've been MIA a bit again lately- things have been pretty hectic around here. We just spent last weekend in lovely Las Vegas. We barely had time to recuperate from our camping trip before we were on the road again. Oh well, I'm not complaining- I love it! But I have to admit, the remainder of the week was a bit rough- we were definitely still on Pacific time, and was difficult to drag ourselves out of bed at what felt like 4 AM.

However, this weekend was the type I live for. After some well needed rest, the gorgeous fall weather was absolutely perfect. I love the lack of humidity and the cool breeze and being able to open the windows. I was only too happy to start decorating.


This wreath began as a plain branch wreath, some berry garland, and an ugly fake flower arrangement (and of course a little clip on bird with googly eyes!)


I couldn't decide what to do with this garland of leaves that I had. It was part of a centerpiece on our coffee table before, but we no longer have that set-up so I decided to put them around the light fixture in the dining room. I love how it looks from sitting at the table below.


This is the jar I got last winter to fill with pinecones and mini red glittery ornaments. I don't have pictures, but in the summer I filled it with a sea-scented seashell and potpourri mix. And apples and cinnamon sticks are perfect for the fall (and smell so good)!

No comments:

Post a Comment