Sunday, August 29, 2010

S'mores Cookies

First of all, I would like to mention that this is my 100th post!! WOW! I have to say I've had a lot of fun with this blog so far, and I'm extremely happy to have reached that milestone. I know the blog has evolved a bit (OK, a lot!) from it's original direction, but I'm pleased with that. I really feel that it's an accurate portrayal of our life, food, decorating, and family. And of course I would like to thank anyone who reads, comments, or follows my blog. I really appreciate it- and a big thank you!!

But anyway... I was looking for the perfect dessert to bring along on a camping trip with friends this past weekend, and I immediately thought of something s'mores inspired, of course. I've seen s'mores inspired cupcakes before, but decided against them because I figured they would be too much of a pain to transport. I debated doing s'mores whoopie pies for a bit, but I deemed them too delicate. Cookies would be perfect!



Ingredients

2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups graham flour (this was found in the organic section of my supermarket)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3 large Hershey’s chocolate bars, broken up

8 large Marshmallows cut into pieces

Directions
: Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter and sugars in mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.

Mix dry ingredients- flours, salt, and baking soda- together in a bowl. Slowly add to wet mixture, followed by chocolate chips, and beat until just combined. Place dough in refrigerator  for about 15-20 minutes to allow to firm up.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form cookies with roughly 2 Tablespoons of dough each, and flatten slightly on the sheet. Press marshmallow and chocolate bar pieces into the top of each cookie. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges just start to brown. Remove from oven, let sit for about 5 minutes, and then move cookies to cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!

Adapted from My Baking Addiction, original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment