Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mixing Patterns

Over the weekend, I decided to take inventory of my closet. With the summer months coming up (it's actually already started to get quite warm!), I really wanted to get a few go-to outfits for various occasions that I can throw on, look great, and not spend a lot of time figuring something out. Ideally, I'd like to not buy too many new things as well!

One of the things I had been wanting to try lately is mixing patterns. It's been a trend for quite some time now, but I've steered clear. It honestly looked like one of those things that can look great on a model, but the average person wouldn't be able to pull off- and not just because the model is 6 feet tall and 120 pounds, just that the average person would look like a hot mess in a bunch of different patterns!

But I decided to bite the bullet and take a few risks. And I'm actually quite happy with the results! Of course, I didn't do anything too crazy, but I'm still proud of myself.


I think this first outfit would be perfect for a Friday happy hour in the city. I love this skirt, which is from Target. I debated on whether or not to get it, since it looks like something my mom may have put me in during the early 90's in elementary school. But floral is another trend I wanted to try, so I decided to give it a try. So glad I did!


This one would be great for a day-to-night date on the Boardwalk. Comfy, casual, and a cardigan for the possibly breezy night. I love these Old Navy cardigans (both outfits), I wish I picked more up before they all sold out.

2 comments:

  1. These both looks great! I am horrible at mixing patterns but I need to give it a shot! I have way too many solid items in my closet! Hope you have a great day! ~andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I am definitely trying to be a more adventurous shopper and dresser! And thanks :) you too!

    ReplyDelete