Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Paint it Red!

One of the other projects I tackled this weekend (besides sorting through my closet!) was painting the front door. I didn't think the color was too bad before- just a little faded, but BOY was I wrong- what a difference the fresh coat of paint made!

Anyway... I love red front doors- I think they're classic, yet fun, so that was my color of choice. We also got new hardware for the door- the old, yellow brassy hardware was tarnished and screamed 80's. I was so excited to get this done, and love the way it looks. The color stands out from the street so much better, and looks great.

The old door- not the greatest picture.

Um, wow, what a difference!! Goodbye faded, dingy pink- hello RED!


The end result. Lookin' good!

4 comments:

  1. I adore red doors! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started a new blog strictly for my fashion musings! Check it out and follow me there while I revamp my current blog!!

    http://fashionmusingsofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love the red front door! Awesome! :) I want one....

    ReplyDelete