Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Recipe Review- White Cheese Lasagna

Thankfully, it's finally starting to feel like spring again. But before spring hits, I had to get one more (and possibly last) warm-you-to-the-bones winter recipe in. So, for my new recipe last week (I've missed a few blog entries, but don't worry I have been doing the new recipes :P) I decided to try white cheese and chicken lasagna. I love traditional red lasagna, so this definitely sounded like a fun way to change it up.

Recipe here.

I made a few changes: I cooked two chicken breasts in the crockpot with chicken stock, garlic, and onion to shred it rather than the using cubed meat. I also used fresh spinach instead of frozen, and added chopped carrots (steamed first) and yellow squash (sauteed first) for some extra veggies. I added both the chicken and vegetables to the ricotta mixture to minimize the layering steps. I also didn't add all that mozzarella cheese in the layers, but I put sliced fresh mozzarella on top. Oh, and I also used the "no boil" lasagna noodles. They worked fine, I just had to bake it covered, unlike the recipe.


It turned out pretty good. The sauce was delicious, and I definitely had more than my fair share.

No comments:

Post a Comment