Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Recipe Review- Fish Tacos

For my new recipe this week, I was inspired by this recipe. However, I didn't exactly follow it. I had a multitude of reasons- the fish sounded too spicy, I couldn't find jicama, I thought it really needed some guacamole, etc. etc...

So here's what I did instead:
For the salsa: Mix together 2 cups of corn, 2 cups of black beans, 1 red bell pepper- diced small, and 1/2 purple onion- sliced thin, in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine 2 T. of lime juice, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, and 2 teaspoons of white sugar (or honey) and mix well. Chop up 2 big handfuls of cilantro in the food processor, and mix in. Pour spices on veggies, and stir to coat.

For the fish: Take 4 tilapia filets, and season with lime juice and cajun seasoning. Wrap them up in aluminum foil and let them marinate for about 2o minutes. Place aluminum packet on the grill and let cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat, flipping once. Remove from packet, place directly on the grill grate to blacken slightly.

For the guacamole: Peel and pit 2 avocados, chop and place in food processor. Add 2 T. minced garlic, 1 handful cilantro, 1 T. lime juice, and small handful of cherry tomatoes to food processor and mix to desired consistency.



I served them on flour tortillas with a dollop of sour cream. These were awesome, I will definitely be making them again. Te recipe serves 4, and they were even better the second time, the flavors really sank in. BTW, this really called for a margarita!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delish! I LOVE fish tacos! Also stop by my blog if you can, I nominated you for an award! :)
    http://kristinacipollaphotography.blogspot.com/2010/04/tremendously-terrific-tuesday-shout.html

    ReplyDelete