Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Recipe Review- Asian Lettuce Wraps

For my new recipe this week, I decided to make Asian lettuce wraps. I love them at P. F. Chang's and I figured they couldn't be TOO hard to make. I found this step-by-step on the Tasty Kitchen blog and figured I could handle it! I wouldn't call it a recipe, per se, as there were no measurements, and the recipe it linked to had totally different ingredients! But it was enough of an outline for me to  create my own version.

Here's what I did:

Mix
3 Tbsp oyster sauce,
3 Tbsp hoisin sauce,
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce,
1 Tbsp Thai chili paste,
1 Tbsp minced garlic,
1 Tbsp brown sugar, and
1 tsp dried ginger

in a small bowl. Set aside.

Dice
1 red pepper,
1 onion,
1 bunch of scallions,
large handful of mushrooms, and
1 can waterchestnuts.

Sauté veggies in wok with canola oil, stirring occasionally until mostly cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Remove them from wok and set aside.

Add more canola to cooking surface if needed, and brown ground turkey until no longer pink. Remove wok from heat. Add the veggies back in and stir to mix. Pour the sauce on top, and stir to coat.


Serve warm, wrapped up in large Bibb or iceberg lettuce leaves. Yum! This one was really good, and way easier than I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment